It is really amazing how digital commerce has evolved over the past years. E-commerce has moved from mere digital wallets and A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) to mobile and social integrations.
Due to the need for convenience, while shopping online, e-commerce companies continue to revolutionize in order to deliver more value to its customers on their platform. The problem of choosing the best e-commerce marketplace builders to use therefore rises among entrepreneurs.
Taking the number one (#1) spot on our top list of the most popular e-commerce marketplace builders is the…
The Simtech conglomerate that developed CS-Cart Multi-Vendor, a standalone E-commerce marketplace software, has been providing solutions for E-commerce since 2005.
For over thirteen years (13-years), CS-Cart has gained customers from 170 different countries that have purchased over 35,000 copies of their shopping cart software.
- CS-Cart Multi-Vendor marketplace software comes with a FREE 3-months premium technical support. I don’t think any e-commerce marketplace software can compete with this.
- The platform is very easy to use. There are also useful video tutorials and documentation that will help you learn how to organize and set up the platform to fit your e-commerce marketplace.
- CS-Cart Multi-Vendor allows for easy scaling due to its unlimited number of vendor accounts.
- They offer a 100% money-back guarantee for a period of 30 days after purchasing the software.
- The platform has a pretty neat interface that makes it really easy to manage vendors, products, and orders in your e-commerce marketplace
We’re happy to present to you the new CS-Cart page on our official website www.cs-cart.com. Check it out: https://www.cs-cart.com/cscart.html.
The back story. Analyzing our website we came to a conclusion that the existing CS-Cart page was not very informative. It wasn’t attractive. So, our marketing guys gathered around the table and started to write down all the advantages of CS-Cart. In a couple of hours, we had the list. Now, all those CS-Cart advantages are on the website accompanied by lovely illustrations, examples of live stores, facts, and video lessons.
You should definitely check out this new page and tell us whether the list is complete or we missed something. Just click the link above to get to the page.
One thing we love about the new page the most is customer video testimonials. They are just at the end of the page. Video testimonials of our dear customers are very inspiring. We really love them!
So, if you guys love CS-Cart, we call you to make a video testimonial, too. It’s easy! Just contact our content-manager Yan at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will provide you with the necessary info.
Check the video testimonial from our customer Maarten Rol attached to this post.
Posted by CS-Cart on Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- There is no risk involved in building an e-commerce marketplace with CS-Cart Multi-Vendor.
- With CS-Cart Multi-Vendor, it is really easy to track transactions and payouts via its in-depth bookkeeping tool.
- The platform offers over 500 e-commerce features at your disposal.
- The CS-Cart Multi-Vendor license comes with a FREE 1- year upgrade subscription. This gives you access to the new Multi-Vendor software versions during the one year period of purchase.
- The platform allows vendors to configure shipping methods.
Even with all the advantages of CS-Cart Multi-Vendor mentioned above, there are some downsides with the platform. The most prominent downside is that the software may seem pretty expensive for low-income entrepreneurs. For a one-time price of $1,450, you get a lifetime access to the Multi-Vendor software license. For a software that offers over 500 e-commerce features at your disposal, I would say, this is a pretty fair price.
CS-Cart Multi-Vendor software is for everyone, both the high and low-level entrepreneurs and enterprises. The pricing may look discouraging, but you should know that there are software that do offer $3000 plus for just a year access to the platform.
Launched in 2008, Magento is an open source marketplace platform. The platform is popular among big brands (websites) like Liverpool F.C, Huawei, Burger King and Pepe Jeans.
Magento has a basic version which is FREE.
- Magento is really not for everyone. The platform works well with enterprises that have a very good technical team, or individuals with a very good programming background.
- The platform costs a lot. Comparing it with with the CS-Cart Multi-Vendor platform earlier talked of, Magento offers a $20,000 yearly plan, for its enterprise version.
- The platform costs a lot to maintain if you don’t have a good technical team to work with.
For enterprises and online stores with a large volume of products, Magento is a proper choice. The platform, however, cannot be suggested for SMBs (small and midsize businesses) due to the complexity of its store setup and technical requirements.
A French-based E-commerce solution based in Paris, Mirakl has been making marketplace management easy with their technology since 2011.
Their client success team includes 40+ marketplace experts who help their customers launch their marketplaces as quick as four (4) months. Their team includes 70+ engineers and their customers are primarily retailers, media groups, and pure-players.
- Mirakl has a very good pricing management system. It allows for multi-pricing, personalized pricing and volume pricing discounts.
- It also has an outstanding quotation management system. It is comprised of excellent negotiation tools.
- They do have a good catalog management system. It provides a system that helps to enhance product information from multiple sellers.
- There is the problem of lack of communication within and between its teams.
- The platform offers so many opportunities that, it is difficult for them to focus on long-term problems.
- It is not widely known.
If you are looking to work with a fast-growing marketplace, Mirakl may seem like a good choice for you. The platform is gaining ground in new markets, sure it has its pros and cons, but it’s a good choice for enterprises looking for a potential marketplace to work with.
Sharetribe has been helping enterprises build online marketplaces since 2008. It makes it pretty easy for anyone, irrespective of his or her skills to create their own marketplace online without any programming knowledge.
This is a platform that lets users rent or sell goods, services or spaces online. Sharetribe functions in 15 countries around the world and is expanding rapidly.
- It comes with a 30-days FREE trial.
- The platform runs on Ruby on Rails, one of the most popular programming frameworks for fast and reliable development.
- Works perfectly on mobile devices
- It supports all types of marketplaces
- It allows for custom branding
- The platform is pretty expensive for SMBs (small and midsized businesses). Its pricing ranges from $79 to $239 per month.
- Its open source version lacks some crucial elements.
- Functionality upgrades on the platform are really slow. For example, if you are in need of a specific functionality on your marketplace and you contact their support, there must be another customer that needs the same functionality as you before Sharetribe will agree to build it.
- Pricing on the platform is based on the number of users and not the number of transactions. You may end up paying more than what your business is earning.
- There is the issue of lack of API, making customization and modifications a little bit tricky.
Sharetribe is a marketplace builder that is good for enterprises and individuals without any programming skill looking to develop and test their marketplace.
Ever since 2002, IXXO Multi-Vendor has been providing one of the easiest to use e-commerce solutions for businesses online. Its shopping cart is presented as a stand-alone cart both as a Joomla extension and a WordPress plugin.
Due to the fact that the IXXO Cart comes with its own templates and Content Management System (CMS), it does not require a third party CMS to operate.
- The IXXO Multi-Vendor platform has a very good technical team for you to work with.
- The platform is able to integrate with social media easily. That is, it makes easy for you to build your marketplace and sell directly on Facebook.
- The platform is compatible with Joomla, WordPress, etc.
- IXXO Multi-Vendor is also good as a standalone solution.
- The platform is well optimized for mobile.
- Its ticket support system guarantees that customer disputes are resolved quickly.
- The platform has a real-time management of shipping quotes, including FedEx and UPS.
- The platform allows for easy calculation of shipping costs for cases of shipping from multiple warehouses.
- IXXO Multi-Vendor is compatible with a large array of payment gateways.
- For a monthly plan of $295 for its basic option, I would say that this platform is really expensive and may not favor some low-income enterprises.
With a lot of customizable options, IXXO Multi-Vendor may be a good choice for high-income businesses looking to create an e-commerce marketplace.
Now comparing these five (5) great e-commerce marketplace builders, we can conclude that when it comes to pricing with the quality of service rendered, the CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is the best platform for you to use and build your successful e-commerce marketplace.